- 1 ½ kilo chicken cut up into 8 pieces
- 750 g red wine
- 2 onion chopped, 3 garlic cloves
- 2 herb bouillon cubes
- 300 gr bacon cut into cubes
- 500 gr white mushrooms
- 300 gr water & 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Olive oil
- Butter (optional)
Rooster in Red Wine Sauce
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Marinate the rooster in the wine and vegetables bouillon cubes for 24 hours.
- Remove the rooster from the marinade and dry off very well. Saute the rooster very well and place aside.
- In a large pot we sauté the onions, garlic, bacon. Add the rooster, chicken bouillon cubes and water. Boil for 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes we add the mushrooms. After 60 minutes remove the rooster. If the sauce needs to thicken let it simmer for a bit more..
- If you would like the sauce more rich add a bit of butter…
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by