- 1,5 kilo chicken thigh fillet
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 onion, large, sliced
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 500 g chicken bouillon cube
- 60 g red wine
- 4 salt-cured anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme, dry
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili flakes
- 1,5 kilo curly endive
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, and some more for sautéing
Chicken and Collard Greens Stew
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Put the drumsticks in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add the oil and toss.
- Place a thick bottomed, heavy pot over high heat. Allow it to get very hot.
- Add all the drumsticks if the pan is large enough. If not, add them in two batches. Do not crowd them and let them brown nicely on all sides.
- Remove, put in a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onion and tomato paste. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the anchovies. Let them cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour. Stir continuously until the flour has cooked. Add wine and cook until the liquid is reduced. Add the canned tomatoes and chicken stock (or water and chicken bouillon cube).
- Add the aromatics.
- Add the chicken. Lower the heat to medium or medium/low. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring a generous amount of salted water to a boil. Blanch the greens if they are bitter.
- Strain and set aside.
- When the chicken is ready, turn off heat and add the greens. Mix with a large spoon and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by