- 1 kilo chicken, thighs
- 7-8 g olive oil
- juice, of 2 lemons
- 500 g basmati rice
- peels, of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 1/2 liter stock, chicken
Lemony roast chicken and rice
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Put the chicken thighs into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Make sure to cover the whole surface of the chicken and transfer it to the hot frying pan.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the juice of 1 lemon and remove from the heat.
- In a 34 cm baking pan add the rice, the lemon peels, the bay leaves, the garlic into pieces, the rosemary, the oregano, salt, pepper, 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, the stock, the juice of the second lemon, and the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by