Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat a wide pot until it gets very hot. Add some olive oil and brown the chicken on all sides.
- If your pot is too small, brown the chicken in batches. Do not crowd the pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Add the pears and sauté them until they turn golden and caramelize.
- Remove the pears from the pot. Add the onions and sauté them until they turn golden and soften. You don’t want them to turn brown or burn.
- Add the garlic, sage and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the pot and add enough water to cover the food.
- Simmer until the chicken cooks through. Add the pears, vinegar and grape molasses 15 minutes before it is done.
- Add more water if necessary. You want to have a nice thick and rich sauce.