- 1.200 g chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 chili peppers, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 3 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, 2 cloves of garlic,
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 3 onions, medium, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 2 teaspoon(s) sage, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 70 g olive oil
- 40 g soy sauce
- lime juice, of 1 lime
- 250 g orange juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) vinegar, white
- 250 g strained yogurt
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
Exotic Spiced Chicken
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Thank you member Gianni Stavriko for this exotic chicken recipe!
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and hot peppers. They do not need to be very finely chopped since they will be chopped further in a blender.
- Puree all of the ingredients (apart from the chicken, yogurt and mint) in a blender.
- Rub a small amount of the marinade over the meat with your hands. Transfer to a bowl and pour the rest of the marinade over it. Toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- The following day, preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Bake on the oven grill for 20 minutes. Turnover and cook for another 20 minutes. Place an empty baking pan underneath the chicken to collect all of the drippings.
- Serve with yogurt and mint leaves.
Cook the chicken on a barbecue for an even tastier result!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by