- 600 g chickpeas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kilo chicken thighs
- grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 leek
- 2 onions
- fresh coriander leaves, for serving
Chicken and chickpea roast
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot full of boiling water, add the chickpeas and boil for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, thyme, oregano, garlic and coriander. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the side.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the marinade.
- Chop the chicken thighs in half and add them to the bowl with the marinade. Set them aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Drain the chickpeas and transfer to a separate bowl.
- Add the reserved 2 spoonfuls of the marinade, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix with a spoon.
- Cut the leek into rounds and spread it onto a 25x35 cm ovenproof baking dish.
- Thinly slice the onion and spread over the leeks.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the chickpeas and chicken over them.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves.
Rate this recipe You need to login