- lemon juice, of 1/2 lemon
- 3 artichokes, large
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1200 g chicken breast fillet
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 2 onions
- 80 g white wine
- 200 g stock, chicken
- 4 teaspoon(s) tarragon, fresh, finely chopped
- 60 g butter
Chicken and artichoke sauté
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Clean the artichokes and place them in a bowl full of water and the juice from half a lemon so that they don’t darken in color.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Beat them with a meat tenderizer until they flatten to 1 cm thick, to become as thin as schnitzel.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Place a wide pot over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dredge the chicken fillets in flour on both sides and tap them to release the extra flour.
- Sauté the first 3 chicken fillets for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and repeat the same process for the next 3 fillets. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pot. Thinly slice the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Drain the artichokes, add them to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate for 2-3 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates. Add the stock and estragon and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Add the butter and mix until it melts and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by