- juice from half a lemon
- 3 fresh artichokes, large
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions
- 80 g white wine
- 200 g chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons fresh estragon, finely chopped
- 60 g butter
Chicken and artichoke sauté
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Clean the artichokes and place them in a bowl full of water and the juice from half a lemon so that they don’t darken in color.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Beat them with a meat tenderizer until they flatten to 1 cm thick, to become as thin as schnitzel.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Place a wide pot over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dredge the chicken fillets in flour on both sides and tap them to release the extra flour.
- Sauté the first 3 chicken fillets for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and repeat the same process for the next 3 fillets. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pot. Thinly slice the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Drain the artichokes, add them to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate for 2-3 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates. Add the stock and estragon and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Add the butter and mix until it melts and serve.
Rate this recipe You need to login