- 300 g ground chicken breast
- 300 g ground chicken thigh
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- grated zest of 2 lemons or limes
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 egg
- 2 handfuls of cornflakes
- 500 g olive oil
- herbs ( ¼ bunch of parsley, ¼ bunch of mint)
Baked Spicy Chicken Meat Balls
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
Meat balls! Tasty, easy and healthy since they are baked in the oven and not fried…
Try them and let us know if you liked them!!
- Combine the 2 types of ground meat and herbs. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 * C (390*F) Fan.
- Finely chop the onions. Sauté them in a pan with some olive oil over medium to low heat. This should take about 10 minutes, since we want the onions to be well cooked. Add the garlic 3 minutes before the onions are done. When ready, set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix with your hands. Roll the mixture into 3-4 cm balls. Before putting meatballs into 2 large baking pans, line with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200* C (390*F), for 20 minutes.
The onion should be finely chopped, not put in the food processor so it won’t release any liquids.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by