- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, cut into large rounds
- 200 g chicken thighs, cooked
- 350 g cheddar sauce
- grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Chicken Pot Pies
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (370* F) Fan.
- Place a large pan over low heat.
- Add the olive oil, leek, garlic and spring onion.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, until the leek and onion softens.
- In the meantime, cut the chicken into small bite sized chunks.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the cheddar sauce, lemon zest, chili flakes, thyme, mustard, milk and the chicken.
- Mix to combine completely.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 5 round ramekins (100 ml capacity each).
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a working surface that has been dusted with flour.
- Cut out 5 circles that are larger than the circumference of the ramekins so that can cover and seal them properly.
- Place each circle over each ramekin and press the edges of the puff pastry gently with your fingers to close around the ramekin.
- Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by