- 4 cloves of garlic
- 100 g butter, real butter (50+50)
- grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ kilo leg of lamb, bone in and cut into portions
- 1 kilo baby potatoes, cut in half
Greek Lamb Kleftiko
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a food processor, add the garlic, 50 g butter, lemon zest, oregano, cinnamon and rosemary. Beat until the mixture becomes a paste. You can also use a mortar and pestle to do this.
- Season with salt and pepper and massage the aromatic paste all over the lamb.
- Transfer lamb to a bowl and cover with lid, sealing well.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 3-4 hours.
- The following day, tear off 2 large pieces of aluminum foil and 2 large pieces of parchment paper that are 1 meter long, each.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator one hour before you are ready to cook so that it can come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 150* C (300* F) Fan.
- Place the parchment paper over the aluminum foil in a crisscross manner.
- Season the baby potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Place over the parchment.
- Add the lamb over the potatoes. Cut the remaining butter into small cubes and scatter over the lamb and potatoes.
- Wrap in the parchment and aluminum and transfer to a baking pan.
- Roast for 4 hours.
- When 4 hours have passed, turn oven temperature up to 200* C (390* F) Fan, and roast for another ½ hour, until the lamb is golden brown.
- When ready, remove from oven, cover and set it aside and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of salad.
- If you want the potatoes to become more golden, you can roast them for 30 minutes, while the meat is resting.
- You can also add any vegetables you like along with the potatoes. A great combination is bell peppers along with cheese like gruyere.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by