For the curry paste and lamb
- In a blender, add the cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, chili, garlic and olive oil. Beat until all of the ingredients are completely combined and you have created a nice paste.
- Place a pot over medium heat. Add all of the curry paste and wait for it to heat up so that it can release all of its aromas.
- Thinly slice the onions and add them to the pot. Sauté until they soften.
- Add the cinnamon stick and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Remove most of the fat from the lamb and cut into small pieces.
- Add to the pot with the curry paste and mix thoroughly to coat completely.
- Chop the tomatoes into large pieces and add them to the pot.
- Add the water, cover with lid and simmer for 1 ½-2 hours.
- Turn off heat, add the coconut milk and mix.
For the raita
- In a bowl, add the yogurt and cumin.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the cucumber, remove the seeds and dice.
- Peel the tomato and dice the flesh.
- Add the cucumber and tomato cubes to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve with coriander, crushed almonds, basmati rice, some olive oil, raita sauce and papadums.