In England, curry is served with raita sauce, papadums, basmati rice and your choice of chutney.
- Begin by making the curry paste. In a food processor, add the cardamom, coriander, garlic, turmeric, cumin, chili and olive oil. Beat until it the mixture is combined and becomes a paste.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Add half of the curry paste to the pan.
- Add the other half to the lamb cubes. Toss to coat.
- Peel the onion and cut it into thin slices. Add it to the pan and sauté until it is caramelized. Chop the tomato into medium sized slices and add them to the pan also. Add the meat last.
- Sauté the meat for a few minutes. Lower heat to low.
- Add the water and cinnamon. Cover pan with lid and simmer for 1-1 ½ hours. Add more water, if necessary.
- When the meat is cooked, remove pan from heat.
- Pour the coconut milk in a saucepan. When it comes to a boil, add it to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Serve with basmati rice, raita sauce and papadums.