- 2 kilos lamb, shoulder and ribs
- 600 g red wine
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 8-10 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
Greek roasted lamb from Crete
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Place a saucepan over heat and let it get hot.
- Add the red wine, fine salt and rosemary. Let it come to a boil.
- Pierce the meat with a knife to make small openings. Fill the openings with chopped garlic and small bunches of rosemary.
- Spread the coarse salt over the meat evenly with your hands.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan fitted with a wire rack and brush with the wine mixture.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 180* C (350* F) Fan and roast for 1 ½ - 2 hours. Brush the meat with the wine mixture every 15-20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven, transfer to a chopping board and cut into pieces.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by