- 1200 g leg of lamb, boneless
- 2 onions, cut into slices
- 1 green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ cup white wine
- 250 g large orzo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- some fresh rosemary
- some parsley
- 250 g feta cheese
- olive oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Place the leg of lamb into a large container, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large pot over high heat. Add the leg of lamb and brown.
- When the lamb turns golden brown, add the onions, green peppers and carrots. Stir until softened. Add the tomato paste and bouillon cube and sauté.
- Add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Add the can of tomatoes and honey.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add the meat, rosemary, salt, pepper and one cup of water.
- Cover with lid and cook for at least 45 minutes.
- While waiting for the meat to cook, sauté the orzo in some olive oil until golden.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- When the lamb is ready, transfer to a baking pan. Add the orzo.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil. Add a cup of water and bake for another 15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven. Add the parsley, crumble some feta cheese over the top and serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.