- 2 kilos pork loin
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 heads of garlic + 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F ) Fan.
- Beat the sage, rosemary, 3 cloves of garlic, anise seeds, olive oil, 1 levelled tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a blender, until you create a paste. Add some more olive oil if necessary.
- Butterfly the pork loin, making it as thin as possible or ask your butcher to prepare it for you.
- Spread the aromatic paste onto the meat and roll. Tie it in place securely with some kitchen twine.
- In a small baking pan, add the heads of garlic that are cut in half and the potatoes.
- Place the meat over them so that it doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan. Lightly season it with salt and pepper and brush with some olive oil.
- Roast for 3-4 hours. Add the wine 30 minutes into roasting time and baste with its juices every 40 minutes. It will be ready when the meat is extremely soft.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting it into slices.
- Serve with potatoes and spread the garlic over some bread.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.