- 1 kilo leg of lamb, boneless and butterflied
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 twigs of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 60 ml olive oil
- zest and lemon juice
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 15-18 grape vine leaves (from a jar)
- sweet potato chips with yogurt, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Begin by making the pesto sauce.
- Remove the leaves from the parsley and rosemary and discard the stems.
- Place the leaves in a food processor.
- Add the zest from 1 lemon, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Beat until the mixture becomes a paste. Add a little more olive oil, if necessary.
- Add the breadcrumbs and beat until completely combined. Your pesto sauce is ready.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil on a clean working surface. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Rinse the vine leaves under running water. Spread them over the parchment, making sure the edge of each leaf is slightly covering the next.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some olive oil, juice from 1/2 lemon and place the meat over them.
- Score the meat and spread the pesto sauce over the meat with your hand. You want the pesto sauce to get in all of the scores and deep in the meat. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice. Roll the meat in the vine leaves.
- Wrap the rolled meat in the parchment and aluminum nice and tight.
- Transfer to a wire rack place in a baking pan.
- Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve with sweet potato chips and yogurt.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.