- 4 beef schnitzels, about 250 g each, ask your butcher to prepare them as thin as possible
- 500 g sautéed spinach
- 10 eggs
- 10 g whole milk
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil, for sautéing
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 small sprigs fresh rosemary, only the tops
- 120 g white wine
Spinach Omelet Stuffed Meat Roll
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Sauté the spinach with 2 tablespoons olive oil, until it loses most of its liquid. Drain. Wrap the spinach in a kitchen towel and squeeze to remove all of the liquid. The spinach should now be shaped into a ball.
- Finely chop the ball of spinach along with some thyme and rosemary.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the omelet.. the eggs, milk, grated parmesan, salt, pepper and sautéed chopped spinach.
- Divide mixture into 4 parts and make 4 separate omelets in a small pan. Cook each omelet for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Beat the beef schnitzels with a meat tenderizer to make them even thinner, maintaining the same thinness between them.
- Generously season with salt and pepper and place an omelet over each schnitzel.
- Roll into a log and lightly tie with some kitchen twine to secure it. Make sure you do not tie it too tight.
- In a wide pot, add the olive oil and butter. Finely chop the garlic and rosemary and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the meat rolls and brown on all sides.
- Add the wine. Cover pot and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from heat and let the meat rest for a bit. Remove the kitchen twine and cut into slices.
- To thicken the sauce, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pot. Cook until the butter melts and is incorporated in the sauce.
- Pour sauce over sliced meat roll and serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by