- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 slice of bread, crust removed and cut into pieces
- 450 g ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon bukovo pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 24 mozzarella balls, small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 50 g grated parmesan, for serving
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Add the milk and bread pieces in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until all of the milk has been absorbed in the bread.
- Add the ground meat, fennel seeds, bukovo, half the minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Make 24 meatballs out of the mixture. Push a small mozzarella ball into the center of each meatball and smooth mixture to cover.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, turning over until done.
- Add the remaining olive oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar and vinegar. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by