- 6-7 portobello mushrooms
- 300 g sausage, country
- 250 g mixed cheeses, that melt
- 3 tablespoon(s) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil, fresh
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) of garlic, finely chopped
Country sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set the stems aside and use a spoon to remove the dark gills underneath the cap. It is better to remove them because they may give a dark color to the dish.
- Spread some oil on your hands and then spread some oil on the mushroom caps.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop the sausage into small pieces and brown it in a pan. Add the onion and then the garlic. When all of the ingredients are sautéed, transfer to a blender.
- Beat the mixture for a few seconds. Add the basil and the egg and beat for a few more seconds.
- Add the 200 g of cheese and the 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and mix with a spoon.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Add a handful of grated cheese over each cap. Top with some breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese and breadcrumbs turn golden.
Serve with a nice salad. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar, olive oil and top with some chopped parsley!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by