- 8 lamb fillets, 700 g total
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200 g Greek strained low fat yogurt, for serving
- 300 g couscous
- 375 ml boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g raisins
- grated zest and lime from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 60 g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Chop the lamb into 2-3 cm cubes.
- Prepare the marinade. Place the lamb cubes in a bowl. Add the aromatic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and 1/3 cup of yogurt. Toss to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator a ½ hour before cooking.
- Remove lamb cubes from marinade but do not rinse.
- Let a pan get very hot over medium to low heat. Cook the meat on both sides.
- Cover pan with a lid, if necessary. Lower heat and let the meat cook through.
- Since it’s a fillet, it will cook very quickly.
- In a large bowl that can handle high temperatures, add the boiling water, couscous and olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the couscous absorbs the water. Fluff with a fork when ready.
- Add the raisins, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh coriander and toasted almonds to the couscous and mix.
- Serve the lamb with the couscous and the rest of the yogurt on the side.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.