For the steak
- Place a pan over high heat and let it get hot.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place into hot pan.
- When they are done on the first side, turn them over and lower heat.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and butter.
- As soon as the butter melts and is infused with the aroma of the herbs, baste the steaks with it, for 3-4 minutes, using a spoon.
- When ready, remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
For the Hollandaise sauce
- In a bowl, add the vinegar, water, mustard and egg yolks.
- Place the bowl over a pot full of simmering water (a bain marie).
- In a small bowl, add the butter, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes at 800 Watts to melt.
- Whisk the egg mixture continuously until fluffy.
- Remove bowl from pot and continue whisking.
- Slowly add the melted butter along with salt and pepper.
- Transfer Hollandaise sauce to a small bowl.
- On a serving platter, add the steaks, Hollandaise sauce and fries.
- Serve with olive oil and thyme.