- 1 ½ beef baby back ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 water glasses full of black beer
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced into rounds
- some thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 10-12 dried pruned, pitted
- 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube
Baby Back Ribs with a Black Beer Prune Sauce
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This is a dish that you put in the oven and forget all about it… until it starts to smell soooo good!!
- Preheat the oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Let an ovenproof pan get very hot. Add some olive oil and brown the meat on all sides. Brown in batches. When ready transfer to a bowl.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onion, until it caramelizes slightly.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté.
- Add the garlic.
- Turn up the heat and add the beer. Simmer until it reduces to half.
- Add the bouillon cube, carrots, bay leaf, prunes and thyme.
- Add the meat and cover the pan. Transfer to oven.
- Cook for 2-2 ½ hours, until the meat becomes soft and tender.
- When ready, remove from oven.
- Cook the juices from the pan in a saucepan until it reduces to half.
- Pour sauce over ribs and serve.
Don’t brown the meat all at once or else it will boil instead of brown nicely. Add it to the pan in batches.
It is important to cook the beer over low heat so that it doesn’t become bitter.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by