- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Cut off the root of the celery root and remove the peel. Cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Cut the carrots and celery into pieces or slices. Cut the onion into thin slices. Transfer all the vegetables in a non-stick baking pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and spread vegetables in one layer.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Mix once or twice during roasting, until vegetables become tender and golden brown.
For the parsley pesto sauce
- Beat the olive oil and garlic together in a food processor. Add the parsley, cashews, lemon juice from 1 lemon and beat until mixture is smooth. Add the cashews and process. Add the grated parmesan and pepper. You can add a little water if the taste is too intense or if you don’t want it to be so thick.
- You can make the sauce thicker or thinner by adding a small amount of oil or water.
For the steaks
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Spread olive oil over meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes on each side over medium heat if you like your steaks medium. Cook longer or less, depending on how thick they are and how you like them done.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over the steaks. Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme for added aroma. Remove from heat when ready.
- Cover and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut meat into thin slices and serve with roasted vegetables along with the parsley pesto sauce.