- 4 pork chops (bone-in) 2-3 cm thick, each
- 120 g orange juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon bukovo chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 120 g sweet orange marmalade
- 200 g bbq sauce
- 4 slice of orange (6 mm thick)
Pork Chops with a Sweet Orange Glaze
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Pierce the pork chops with a fork, on both sides. Transfer to a bowl and add the orange juice, soy sauce and chili flakes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from marinade (discard marinade). Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the marmalade with the bbq sauce in a bowl.
- Spread ½ the mixture on one side of the pork chops.
- Cook the pork chops on a grill pan, placing the side with the marmalade spread on top, away from the flame.
- Cover the grill with its lid. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and spread with the remaining marmalade mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on. Remove from grill. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook the slices of orange on the grill over medium heat with the lid closed, for 1 minute on each side.
- Serve the pork chops along with grilled orange.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by