- 3 pieces ossobuco, 1 ½ kilos total
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 500 g water
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 kilo mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- rosemary leaves
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot over high heat.
- Tie the pieces of ossobuco with some kitchen twine so that they don’t fall apart while cooking.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread it over the surface of the meat.
- Carefully transfer to the hot pot and sauté on both sides until golden.
- Remove the pot and set aside.
- Place the same pot over heat.
- Dice the celery.
- Coarsely chop the onion and garlic.
- Add the vegetables into the pot along with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir with a wooden spoon and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they caramelize nicely.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, and flour. Stir.
- Deglaze the pot with wine and allow 1-2 minutes for it to evaporate.
- Add the bouillon cube, water, ossobuco, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, rosemary leaves, and pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by