For the sweet potatoes and eggplants:
- Preheat your oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and eggplants.
- Quarter the eggplant and place in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cut a couple of sweet potatoes into wedges and put them in the pan also.
- Drizzle both with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- Start preparing the meat 5 minutes before they are done.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Good meat doesn’t really need much more seasoning.
For the steaks:
- Place a non stick pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Pour some olive oil over steaks and season with salt and pepper. Rub to coat evenly.
- When your pan is hot enough, add the steaks and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- When they have browned nicely, lower the heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter, some fresh thyme, rosemary and 1 clove of garlic.
- Baste the meat with this buttery gravy and cook for 4-5 minutes. When ready transfer to a wire rack and pour sauce over them.
- It's important to let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
- If you take the meat off the heat and cut it immediately it will release all of its juices… which means it is releasing most of its flavor. You want all of these delicious juices to STAY in the meat. You want to let it sit and relax for a few minutes and let its juices redistribute.
For the baba ganoush:
- Remove the eggplants and sweet potatoes from the oven. Set the sweet potatoes aside.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant and chop.
- Beat 1/3 of a garlic clove in a blender with some olive oil, until the garlic breaks down completely.
- Pour garlic mixture over eggplants and add tahini, lime zest, lime juice, some coarsely chopped parsley, pinch of ground cumin, salt and pepper.Your baba ganoush is ready.
- Serve meat with baba ganoush and sweet potato wedges.