- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 egg, medium
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped +extra to serve
- 10-12 slices bacon
- 100 g mozzarella
- mashed potatoes , to serve
Beef bacon roll
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350* F) set to fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the garlic and the onion. Sauté them for 1-2 minutes until soft. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, place the ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, salt, pepper, and finely chopped parsley.
- Line the kitchen counter with parchment paper. Place 2 slices of bacon on the parchment paper. The narrow side of one slice must touch the narrow side of the other.
- Spread two more bacon slices right next to the others in the same manner and continue the same process for all the bacon slices.
- Spread half of the ground beef in the center of the bacon, lengthwise.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese in pieces and spread over the ground beef. Cover with the rest of the ground beef and knead to form a roll without any mozzarella piece protruding.
- Fold the bacon’s edges in the ground beef so that it is completely covered.
- Turn the roll over so that the spot the bacons connect is faced down.
- Transfer the roll and parchment paper to a baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until the ground beef is baked and the bacon turns crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Cut in slices, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve with potato mash.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by