- 250 g sliced bread
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 5 eggs, boiled
- 1 egg, raw
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3(1+2) cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons tarragon or thyme (1+1)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 red peppers
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 slices of bacon
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- In a food processor, add the slices of bread, 1 garlic clove, a spoonful of tarragon, paprika, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process, until you get a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Spread mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until golden and crunchy. Remove from oven.
- Leave oven at, set at the same temperature.
- Boil the 5 eggs for 10 minutes. Peel off the shells and set aside.
- In a blender, add the onion, red peppers, 2 cloves of garlic and the carrot. Beat until finely chopped but do not puree mixture.
- In a small pan, add some olive oil and sauté the vegetables for a few minutes until they caramelize and their volume is decreased by 1/3. Set aside to cool.
- Put the ground meat in a bowl. Add the bread mixture, sautéed vegetables, salt and the extra tarragon. Mix together and ad the raw egg. Mix until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Spread the bacon slices on the bottom and sides of a loaf pan (as if you want them to hug the meatloaf). One piece should be slightly covering the other. Let the slices on the sides hang over the edge so they can fold over and cover the top side of the meatloaf.
- Place half of the mixture over the bacon, being careful not to move them. Press down gently with your hands to spread it into the pan.
- Dust the eggs with some flour so that they stick to the meat mixture and hold together when you cut the meatloaf into slices. Place the eggs along the middle of the pan.
- Cover with the rest of the meat mixture, carefully so as to not crush the eggs.
- Fold the overhanging bacon slices over the meat mixture. Cover with a few more bacon slices and press with your hands to make compact.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn baking pan over to remove meatloaf onto another baking pan.
- If you like your bacon crispy, you can put it back in the oven so the bacon can cook more on all sides.
- Allow to cool and serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.