- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, sliced
- 4-5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 pinches chili flakes
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 g heavy cream 35%
- 500 g peas, defrosted
- 20 mint leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- cod, for serving
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pan over high heat and add 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Thinly slice the onion and garlic and add them to the pan.
- Saute until the onion is nicely caramelized.
- Add the sugar and chili flakes. Stir and saute.
- Add the white wine. Stir and let it evaporate.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Stir and add the defrosted peas.
- Lower heat and simmer until the peas soften.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready, semi mash the peas with a potato masher.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of mint leaves. The mint leaves are a very important ingredient in this recipe.
- Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with more finely chopped mint leaves, chili flakes and drizzle with some extra virgin Greek olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by