- 250 g broccoli florets (Peel the stems as well in order to cut them up and use them also)
- 1 large eggs
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g grated parmesan
- ½ tsp. salt
- pinch of bukovo chili flakes
- olive oil for frying
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. curry (not heaping, leveled surface)
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugar and encourages the reduction of high carbohydrate foods that may even contain natural sugars. Usually substitutes are used, such as honey, stevia and agave syrup.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Boil the broccoli in a pot with a generous amount of salted water. Boil until just tender, not soft.
- Remove from pot. Transfer to a strainer to cool and dry.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients (egg, flour, parmesan, salt, bukovo chili flakes). Mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the broccoli florets and mash lightly with a potato masher. Do not mash completely, you still want to see small pieces of broccoli.
- Mix the mixture with a spoon.
- Add some olive oil or sunflower oil to a pan over medium heat. Add just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Carefully add tablespoons of the mixture to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on the first side. Flip and fry for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. They should be golden on both sides.
- Remove fritters from the pan and place onto paper towels to drain from excess oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.