- 800 g spinach, washed, dried and sorted
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 10 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125 g parmesan cheese, grated
- sunflower oil
- 25 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g breadcrumbs
Spinach and Ricotta Croquettes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- If the ricotta is too loose or has too much liquid, put it in a towel and squeeze it dry.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. As soon as it starts to melt, add the spinach in batches, waiting for each batch to wilt a little before adding the next.
- When all of the spinach has wilted, transfer to a strainer. Squeeze it to release all of its juices. It is important for it to be as dry as possible.
- Add the spinach, ricotta, egg yolks, nutmeg, salt and pepper to a food processor. Beat into a paste and then add the grated parmesan. Pulse to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 16 croquettes ( a barrel-like shape).
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To fry them, add sunflower oil to a pan and let it get very hot.
- Prepare the coating in 3 separate plates. Add a handful of flour to one plate, the lightly beat the eggs in another and put the breadcrumbs in the 3rd plate.
- Dredge the croquettes in the flour first, then in the egg mixture and last into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Carefully add to hot oil. Fry for 5 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Allow to drain from excess oil.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by