- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kilo Portobello mushrooms or other mushrooms, remove stems and cut into 0,5 cm slices
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 twigs of thyme (only the leaves)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flower
- 10 baby onions, peeled
- rice or tagliatelle pasta, to serve
- ½ bunch of parsley, to garnish
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat a pan over high heat until it gets very hot. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle mushrooms with some flour and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until they turn golden but without releasing their juices.
- You can achieve this by letting the mushrooms sauté without mixing them often.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add the carrots, minced onion, thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper. Sauté until they soften.
- Add the baby onions and sauté.
- As soon as the baby onions turn golden, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to get all the tasty bits stuck at the bottom.
- Boil the liquid until it reduces to about half.
- Add the stock and the mushroom mixture along with any juices that have been released. Simmer for 10 minutes. If the sauce is too thin, simmer a little longer so that it thickens to our liking. Season to taste and serve with pasta or rice and sprinkle with some finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by