Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
Now you must be asking… What’s this?? I know there are a lot of you who don’t eat okra in the traditional way of cooking them, so I’m showing you a different way that I’m sure you will really like!! Basically, what we will be doing is cutting the okra into small, bite sized pieces… dip them in a very tasty batter and frying them until they are nice and crunchy!
- Prepare the batter by combining the yogurt and water in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, corn flour, sweet pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Add a generous amount of vegetable oil in a deep pan. Place over heat and wait until the oil gets very hot.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to help you dip some pieces of okra into the batter.
- Coat and then dredge into the flour mixture.
- Tap to remove excess flour and fry them in the pan until they are golden and crunchy.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy your okra, popcorn style!