- 4 eggplants
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 120 g olive paste
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 250 g feta cheese
- 3 large tomatoes
- 12 pieces (4x4 cm) Greek Florinis red peppers (canned)
- parsley, finely chopped, to serve
Red pepper and feta eggplant rolls
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- To prepare the marinade, combine the olive paste, lemon, chili flakes and garlic in a bowl and set it aside until needed.
- To prepare the eggplants, chop off the tops of the eggplants and cut each one into 8 slices. You should have 24 slices of eggplants.
- Brush the eggplants with some olive oil.
- Transfer to a wire rack and bake for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they soften and turn light golden.
- When ready, transfer to a plate, brush them with some of the marinade and keep them warm.
- In the meantime, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the tomatoes into 4 rounds each, removing the top part with the stem. It is better if you remove the seeds and most of the juices so that they don’t add to much moisture.
- Cut the feta into 12 pieces.
- Place a slice of eggplant on a chopping board. Add another slice over it, making sure it covers 2-3 cm of the first one.
- Place a slice of tomato on the seam and pierce it with a toothpick.
- Cover with a piece of feta and a piece of red pepper.
- Brush with some of the marinade.
- Roll the eggplant slice, enfolding the pepper and feta nicely. Secure the end with a toothpick to hold the little “package” together. Repeat the same process for the remaining 11 eggplant slices.
- Grill the eggplant rolls on a grill pan for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese softens. Cover grill pan with lid – if it has one or else wrap them in aluminum foil before grilling. If you do this, grill a little longer.
- Brush with remaining marinade, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by