- 500 g spinach, frozen, washed and sorted
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 2-3 slices bread, rye
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream 35%
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch herbs, (garden chervil, wild rocket), finely chopped
- 4 eggs
Spinach with eggs and feta cheese
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Peel the garlic clove and pierce with a fork.
- Toast the 2-3 slices of bread in a pan with a small amount of olive oil, until crunchy and golden. Break into small pieces.
- At the same time, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the spinach and stir with the fork that has the clove of garlic on the end. Stir until the spinach softens.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook the spinach in batches and transfer each batch to a plate as soon as it releases its liquid and softens.
- When all of the batches of spinach are cooked, put all of it back into the pan. Add the heavy cream and feta cheese and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish or individual plates. Add the toasted bread on top and mix together.
- Fry the eggs in some olive oil, according to your preference. Place over spinach mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by