- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 550 g pumpkin, peel removed and cut into 2x2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mavrodaphni wine, or any sweet wine or port
- 75 g walnuts, chopped
- 200 g feta cheese
- 10-11 sheets of phyllo dough
- 150 g butter, melted
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
Savory Pumpkin and Feta Strudel
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Chop the pumpkin in to 2x2 cm cubes.
- In a baking pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, pumpkin, ½ the sage, ½ the thyme and ½ the garlic. Toss to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, until the pumpkin softens.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside.
- Thinly slice the leeks.
- Place a pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, until they lose all of their juices.
- Add the remaining aromatics, garlic and wine. Cook for 2 minutes, until all of the wine evaporates.
- Combine all of the sautéed ingredients with the pumpkin mixture. Add the walnuts and cheese. Stir.
- Spread the phyllo dough sheets on a clean working surface. Drizzle melted butter onto all 6 sheets, do not brush or touch them with a pastry brush.
- Spread the filling along the length of 1 of the sheets and roll into a log.
- Transfer roll to a baking pan lightly brushed with olive oil. Brush the top of the strudel with some more butter.
- Cut the remaining 4-5 sheets into strips that are 2 cm thick. Spread each strip widthwise over the strudel, covering it completely.
- Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Refrigerate the strudel for 30 minutes.
- Then, bake for 45 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Cut into slices or pieces and serve.
If you are a vegan, simply substitute the feta cheese with tofu!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by