- 8 eggplants
- 4 onions
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1/3 bunch parsley
- 400 g feta cheese
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Chop the stems off the eggplants and cut them in half, lengthwise. Score their flesh with a knife.
- Transfer to a baking pan, flesh side up and season with salt.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Peel the onions and thinly slice.
- Place a pan over medium heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil along with the onions and sugar. Sauté for 10-15 minutes and stir with a wooden spoon until they caramelize nicely.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it to the pan along with the tomato paste. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the finely chopped parsley and set aside.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven. Use a spoon to press down on the scored parts creating and indentation (like a boat) so that you can add the filling.
- Fill the eggplants with the tomato sauce. Top with coarsely crumbled feta and transfer to a pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the feta cheese turns golden.
Rate this recipe You need to login