- 4 eggplants
- juice from ½ lemon
- 3 potatoes, medium
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tomatoes, medium
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 300 g water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the eggplants and remove the stems.
- Cut them in half, horizontally and then into 3-4 cm slices.
- In a large bowl, add the cold water, lemon juice and eggplants. Allow them to soak for 10 minutes. (This is done so that they don’t soak up too much oil while cooking.)
- Drain and gently squeeze with your hands to remove excess water and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Place a large nonstick pot over medium to high heat and add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, potatoes and eggplants. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir with a wooden spoon and add the tomato paste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the water, bouillon cube, tomatoes, salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil.
- Lower heat, cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes soften and the sauce thickens.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.