- 4 large eggplants
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 1 condensed tomato juice 250 ml
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bologna sausage 330 g, cut into cubes
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- sunflower oil, as much needed
- ½ cup olive oil
Eggplant Tomato Stew with Basmati Rice
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Chop the eggplants into medium sized cubes and sauté in a pan with some olive oil for a few minutes, until they soften slightly.
- When ready, remove with a slotted spoon and let them drain from excess oil on paper towels.
- Place a deep nonstick pan over heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until they soften.
- Add the tomato juice, 2 glasses of water, bouillon cube, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Add the eggplants and lower heat to half. Simmer without lid until the liquid is soaked up and the sauce thickens and caramelizes (about 15 minutes). Stir gently while cooking.
- About 2-3 minutes before it is done, add the bologna and stir. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the basmati rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Serve rice and top with eggplant tomato stew on top. Bon appetite!!
- (If you want a spicier dish, you can substitute the bologna with a country sausage. You just need to saute it in the beginning along with the onions and add it to the pan earlier so it can cook along with the eggplants.)
Rate this recipe You need to login