- 3 potatoes, medium sized
- 3 spring onions
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 g okra, frozen
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes 400 g
- 500 g vegetable stock
- pinch of sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, for serving
Greek okra stew
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Rinse and drain the okra.
- Place a wide, shallow pot over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, garlic and okra. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cover pot with lid. Lower heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- When the okra is ready and the sauce has thickened slightly, add the lemon juice and finely chopped parsley.
- Serve with some extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by