- 300 all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 90 g butter, chilled, chopped into cubes
- 170 g spicy cheese spread (Greek kopanisti)
- 4 spring onions, fresh, finely chopped + extra for serving
- 240 g buttermilk
- strained yogurt, for serving
Spicy Cheese Biscuits
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Preheat oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and mix with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the spicy cheese spread (kopanisti if possible) and the fresh onions.
- Add the buttermilk and stir just until all the ingredients are combined. The mixture will be quite loose or runny and cannot be molded by hand like regular dough.
- Spoon 12 heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave space between each drop of cookie mixture (about 5 cm).
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- You can also prepare the mixture, place onto the baking sheet and freeze. When frozen, you can remove them from the baking sheet and kept in a bag in the freezer until needed.
- They can be stored for up to 1 month in the freezer.
- When you are ready to bake them remove from freezer and place directly onto baking sheet and oven. Let them bake for about 2-3 minutes longer than if not frozen.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by