- 3 eggs, medium
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 120 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 360 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g almonds
- all-purpose flour
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 140ο C (280ο F) set to fan.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the eggs, the sugar, and beat with the whisk attachment at high speed, for 4-5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and add the butter in a slow, steady stream. Add the vanilla extract and keep beating.
- In a bowl add the flour, the baking powder, the salt, the almonds crushed or whole, and mix. Add them into the mixer’s bowl and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Dust your working surface and your hands with flour in order to be able to work with the dough as it will be very sticky. Take half of the dough, knead it -with more flour- into an oblong-shaped loaf, and transfer it to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Follow the same process for the other half of the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool.
- Increase the oven’s temperature to 160ο C (320ο F).
- With a serrated knife, cut the loaves into thin slices, 1 cm each, and transfer to baking pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Since biscotti absorb moisture, add a little rice into a jar, cover with parchment paper and put the biscotti on top. Seal airtight and store.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by