- 60 g butter, at room temperature
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- egg white from 1 egg
- 15 edible flowers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Edible flower cookies
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract for 3 minutes in a mixer on high speed, using the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium and add the flour. Beat for 2-3 minutes, until completely incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap it well and refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes so that it can rest.
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and remove wrap.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment and dust with some flour. Place the cookie dough over it and lightly dust with flour.
- Cover with a second sheet of parchment and roll out to a sheet that is 0.5 cm thick.
- Use a 5 cm round cookie cutter and cut out 15 discs.
- Use a spatula to transfer each cookie to a baking pan lined with parchment paper, making sure to leave enough space between them.
- Brush each cookie with some egg white.
- Place an edible flower over each cookie and brush with egg white again.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When ready, remove baking pan from oven and allow cookies to cool for 40 minutes on a wire rack. The more they cool, the more they will harden.
- Serve cold.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by