Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Beat the margarine and sugar for about 10 minutes in a mixer, using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and ½ of the flour.
- When all of the ingredients are completely combined, remove the mixer’s bowl and add the rest of the flour in batches. Mix with a spoon at first and then continue by hand.
- You want your dough to be soft and elastic.
- Shape into cookies (any shape you like) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the cookies with some egg wash (an egg diluted with some water).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.