- 300 g butter
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 120 g orange juice
- zest of 2 oranges
- 50 g cognac
- 1 kilo all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 50 g milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- cloves, for the eyes
- 1 egg yolk, diluted in 2 tablespoons water
Greek Easter cookies
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 190ο C (375ο F) set to fan.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and beat with the paddle attachment at medium speed for 5 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
- Then, add the eggs one by one, the orange zest and juice, the cognac, and keep beating.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and mix with a spoon.
- Add half of the solid ingredients into the mixer, the milk, the salt, and keep beating for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, add the remaining solid ingredients, and mix with a serving spoon until the ingredients are homogenized. Then, knead with your hands until a dough is formed.
- Your cookies will be shaped like bunnies.
- Cut a 30 g piece, shape it into a strip, and swirl it like a snail. In this way, you will create the body of the bunny.
- Cut a 15 g piece, shape it into a small strip, and roll it in the shape of a fish. In this way, you will create the head of the bunny. Add a clove to create the bunny’s eye.
- Cut a 3 g piece and shape it into a ball. In this way, you will create the tail of the bunny.
- Follow the same process for the whole dough.
- Transfer the cookies into baking pans lined with parchment paper, spread with the egg wash, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by