- 400 g sweet potato
- 400 g chickpeas, boiled
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 85 g dried cranberries
- 120 g oats
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ bunch parsley
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- juice from ½ lemon
- finely chopped tomato, for serving
Sweet Potato and Cranberry Falafel
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot that is filled halfway with water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into 2 cm pieces.
- Add to the pot of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until they soften.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas and sweet potato. Beat until completely pureed.
- Add the egg, chili flakes, cumin, garlic, salt and parsley.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- To make the falafel, pick up 2 tablespoons of the mixture, shape into balls and press them in between your palms to flatten them out and give them the traditional falafel shape.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add half of the falafel and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining falafel.
- Drain on paper towels and transfer to a baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the ricotta, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve the falafel with the ricotta mixture.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by