- 500 g gigantes beans (giant beans)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 70 g olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 50 g white wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ¼ bunch parsley
- 4-5 sprigs thyme, only the leaves
- 300 g water
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Soak the gigantes beans in water for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Place a pot over medium to high heat.
- Add the beans and bay leaves and boil for 1 hour until they soften.
- When ready, drain and transfer to a 25x35 cm baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Finely chop the onion, thinly slice the garlic, slice the spring onions into rounds, chop the carrots into slices and dice the red pepper.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine. Allow it to evaporate and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and transfer the contents of the pan to the baking dish.
- Add the finely chopped parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil and water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Then remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10-25 minutes, until light golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.