- 1 cup of medium sized lentils
- 2 liters of water (1+1)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly ground pepper
- greek extra virgin olive oil to serve
- white wine vinegar to sever
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a pot add 1 cup of medium sized lentils and 1 liter of water.
- Place your pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it starts to boil, remove from heat and drain.
- Discard water.
- Transfer the lentils back to the pot and add another liter of fresh water.
- Add 1 clove of garlic, 1 bay leaf, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place pot back over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- The amount of time needed for boiling, depends on the size of the lentils you are using.
- When ready remove from heat and drain.
- Remove the garlic and bay leaf and serve.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and a little white wine vinegar.
- A dish that can also be served as a side dish with many other foods and also be added to salads.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.