- 500 g chickpeas
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 liter of water
- grated zest and juice from 1 lemon or from 2 limes
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- bukovo chili flakes
- strained Greek yogurt, to serve
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Here’s a new take on bean dishes! They can be delicious as well as healthy! Try this bean stew as a main dish tonight! They deserve to be on your table, center stage!
- Fill a large bowl with water. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and the chickpeas.
- Refrigerate and let them soak for 6 hours.
- When ready, drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat.
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onions and leeks and stir. Sauté for about 3 minutes, until they caramelize.
- Add the garlic and 1 tablespoon of curry. Stir and sauté. You can add 2-3 more tablespoons of olive oil, if necessary.
- Add the chickpeas and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chili flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir and sauté.
- Transfer the mixture to a pyrex or an ovenproof pan. Add the water and bouillon cube. Stir until the cube dissolves.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Then, remove foil and bake for another ½ hour.
- When ready, give it a try and season to taste.
- Serve with strained Greek yogurt, fresh coriander, extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes and lemon or lime.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.