- 1 ½ kilos ice cream, your choice
- 150 g sponge cake, ready made
- 150 g meringue
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Line a 20 cm round bowl with plastic wrap in a crisscross manner, letting the ends fall over the edges of the bowl.
- Add your choice of ice cream in layers on the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread it with a spoon and cover with the overhanging ends of plastic wrap. Press down on it with your hands so that you flatten the surface of the ice cream.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours so it can freeze.
- Place the sponge cake or cake on a serving platter. Ideally, the sponge cake should be a little larger than the diameter of the bowl with the ice cream.
- When the ice cream has frozen, remove from freezer, lift the plastic wrap and turn it out over the sponge cake.
- Remove plastic wrap completely and place back in freezer until you make the meringue. Transfer to a pastry bag.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and pipe the meringue over the whole surface of the sponge cake.
- “Cook” the meringue with a kitchen torch until golden brown.
- Dip a knife into hot water to cut each piece and serve immediately.
- Once the meringue has been added you can’t place it back in the freezer because the meringue will drop.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by